1) My brand new purchases:
- African Roar, a fiction anthology drawn from the very best stories published from 2007-2009 in the StoryTime weekly literary ezine dedicated to publishing African writers.
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- Away by Amy Bloom.
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Love Invents Us by Amy Bloom
- Drown by Junot Diaz
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri.
What was I thinking? Our days and nights here in South Africa have been filled with remarkable experiences, some startling in their immediate lessons, others to be processed and reprocessed, and then embraced for a lifetime. Maybe I'll do some reading on the flights back...